Adventure Awaits…

Adventure awaits…and I’m determined not to blow it.

Not that I will. It’s just that I always get super nervous before going into a new classroom. And especially after the great experience I had last semester I’m crossing my fingers that this experience will be just as great. And that I make a good first impression. And I don’t do or say something stupid in my first staff meeting. And that I make an impact on my student’s lives (Can I just say, #worrywart!). After all, this is my last trial run before the next classroom I’m in is (hopefully!) my very own.

All that to say, I found out I am placed in a school on the east side of the same district I was in last semester. I wasn’t familiar with the west side of town previously, where my last school was, and I’m even less familiar with the east side. It will definitely be a learning experience in that respect. I don’t know the demographics or statistics and those are important! They have a big impact on student’s lives and on my teaching style, so hopefully my mentor teacher will have good information to give me that will shape my teaching this semester.

I have been in contact with my mentor teacher for a few weeks now and she seems really great. She has been teaching for twenty-five years (that’s a lot of experience!) and is really invested in her student’s lives. She currently teaches first grade and has written and been approved for several grants so that she can take her students on some really great field trips this half of the year. And I get to be a part of it! I am beyond excited and I just hope I can live up to the expectations she may have of me and that I have of myself.

I really want to learn as much as I can this final semester before I venture out on my own and I am continually grateful for all of the loving and caring educators that have been placed in my life from whom I often gain ideas, advice, vent to, etc. It has been a real blessing to be surrounded by some really wonderful individuals who have made an impact on not only many students over the years, but now me. And hopefully thanks to them I can continue to make an impact on more student lives.

Adventure awaits…and I think I’m ready.

Join me! I would love to have you along for the ride. I will be posting weekly or bi-weekly to keep my thoughts in order and to keep you informed as to how my adventure is going, good or bad (hopefully all good!).

“And then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.”

-M

(PC Credit: Pexels.com)

2 thoughts on “Adventure Awaits…